Blogger Templates

Sunday 14 August 2011

Essence Haul Review #1


So I finally got my hands on some of this very reclusive essence!  So far its only stocked in selected Priceline stores in Melbourne, but I understand It will be Australia wide by the end of the year!!




So what do I know about essence? It is the biggest selling cosmetic brand in Germany and one of the biggest selling brands in Europe, It has quickly become very popular in the USA and the entire range is priced between $2.95 and $5.95 (yay for a bargin).

So its hugely popular around the world and mega cheap, but is it any good?  Stay tuned as I review some of the essence range over the next couple of weeks.


First up is the essence mono eyeshadow.  Yellow is called Hot Spot (no.17) and is a shimmer effect, Green is called Colour Splash (no.21) and is a matt effect.  They are both really lightly pigmented so I can't show you how it looks on my skin because the are literally too sheer to photograph. Green gives you an almost holographic effect and depending on the angle can appear almost pink.



These would probably be ok layered over a similar colour to add a shimmer or highlight, but alone don't really cut it.  



 Next up..Metal Glam Eyeliner.  Blue is called breezy beach (no.05) and pink is pinkadelic (no.06).  Now this liquid eyeliner is amazing.  It is high pigmented with an amazing metallic shimmer.  They are vibrant and bright and will be sure to make your eyes stand out in a crowd.



The are really nicely packaged and the applicator brush allows for a fine or slightly thicker line, really easy to apply.  They've been on my hand for the past half our and have not smudged or faded even with vigorous rubbing.  I certainly can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the colours in this eyeliner range.

Check back later in the week as I review more of my haul!!




No comments:

Post a Comment